Carrying satellite phones by foreigners into India is banned
1. Application forms are accepted on all working days, i.e. from Sunday to Thursday between 9000 hrs and 1200 hrs. Applications are to be submitted at the counter. They are not accepted through courier service.
2. Delivery of Passports/Documents is between 1300hrs and 1500hrs. All fees are accepted in Egyptian Pounds by Cash only.
3. Applications for Visa and Passport services are to be filled online and hard copy print outs are to be submitted along with relevant supporting documents.
4. Visa applicants should visit http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ to fill up the online application form. The printout of the application form has to be submitted to the consular section for further processing.
5. The application for issue of new passport should be made online at the link http://passport.gov.in/nri/. Applicant should fill all relevant fields online, take a print out, and submit the duly signed form at the Consulate along with necessary documents.
6. All fields in the prescribed application form should be filled. Hard copies of the print outs should carry signatures wherever required.
7. The applicant should check the spelling of names, dates etc.. in the passport/ visa or other documents carefully at the time of collection of document.
8. The applicants should ensure that the seal and signature are affixed on the passport/visa/document before leaving the counter. In case any error is detected, it should be promptly brought to the notice of the consular officer for correction wherever possible.
“It has come to notice that some visa seekers are being duped by certain websites that lure them to pay visa fee online illegally. This is to clarify that the Embassy has not authorized any website to collect visa fee online. All the visa fees are to be paid by the applicants in cash at the counter at the Indian Consulate, 3, Abu El Feda St., Zamalek, Cairo while submitting the visa application. This is to caution all visa seekers to remain vigilant and not fall prey to online cheating.”
Steps to fill the Visa application:
1. log on to www.indianvisaonline.gov.in
2. Click- Regular Visa Application
3. Follow the step by step procedure and fill in all data fields.
4. ‘PHOTO UPLOAD’
5. Verify all the entries, Click- Verified & Continue
7. Please take a print out and submit the hard copy with two passport photos and all necessary supporting documents.
Steps to fill the Passport application:
1. Visit http://passport.gov.in/nri/
2. Click on “online registration form”
3. Follow online instructions and fill all relevant fields
4. Upload image
5. Generate PDF
6. Please take a print out and submit the hard copy with two passport photos and all necessary supporting documents.
For further Enquiries please contact:
Tel. number: 02 2737-1992 [from 13:00 hrs to 15:00 hrs]